Our goal is to be transparent when it comes to collecting your personal information. We comply with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) in part by making information available to individuals and organizations with respect to New Light Leadership’s information management policies and practices.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our Blog, Website or Social Media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter or Other)?
When opting in on requests, including newsletters, service requests, quote requests, ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, phone number, Company Name or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you fill in forms on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, request a quote or enter information on our site. We may also request information from you when you provide feedback on products or services.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products.
- To follow up with you after correspondence (email or phone inquiries)
How do we protect your information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. We keep personal information stored solely with your permission and only for the period of time that it is required by virtue of our mutual business relationship. We purge personal information that we hold respecting inactive business relationships from our systems upon request.
In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer a better site experience and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since every browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some features will be disabled, and certain features of our websitemay not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We have implemented the following:
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics opt Out Browser add on.
Users can visit our site anonymously.
Can change your personal information:
- By emailing us (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- By calling us 778-608-0801
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Breach of Security Measures:
Should an incident occur where the security of our website, servers and network become compromised, we will email you directly within 1 business day to inform you as well as inform you on measures being taken to rectify the issue and when it will be completed.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not to use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at hello @newlightleadership.com OR
Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL marketing correspondence.
New Light Leadership
505-8840 120th Street
Langley, BC V1M 2Y2
Last Edited on 2020-06-23